Sunday, July 20, 2008
Task1.1
It was indeed a learning curve for me as I have never used ODBC before. After using it in the first tutorial, I now realise how powerful this tool actually is. It really makes life easy when you require to import data from one DB to another. Was very interesting doing the first exercise. I actually ran into no problems. Followed POD`s notes and all was good. SQL, ODBC, Excel, Access - In access and excel we can store information and run SQL queries against to retrieve data. IN instances where by we need to import data from one data store to another we can used ODBC to allow us to import data and the structure of the DB into a current DB. Theres no need to recreate structure neither do we have to manually copy entries accross. All in all it was a learning experience in the lab this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment